Cruelty Hotline 0300 1234 999
Concerned? Give us a call.

September 2020 Neutering Campaign

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 in News

It’s well known that neutering dramatically reduces the number of unwanted animals and strays, but in these days of tightened purse strings, we find that some owners on low income can struggle to get their beloved pet spayed or castrated as part of the usual duties of ownership.

At RSPCA Furness & Barrow branch, we acknowledge that this is a growing problem, so for the month of September 2020, we are running a neutering voucher scheme for cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and dogs owned by those in receipt of certain benefits (see below) who live in the Furness area:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • Income Support
  • Pension Credit

RSPCA Furness & Barrow branch will pay a minimum of £50 or 75% (whichever is greater) of the cost of the routine neutering. You will need to pay the remaining 25% of the cost yourself direct to your vets at the time of the neutering. Please contact the vets you will be using for a cost estimate of the procedure.

The vouchers are only valid for routine neutering. You will not be able to use them for medical neutering.

Vouchers are NOT AVAILABLE until 24th August 2020 and must be used between the 1st September and 30th September 2020 or they will not be honoured.

You will need to contact the Branch to arrange an appointment to collect your voucher. Please telephone 01229 824583 during our opening hours – Monday and Wednesday 9am -12pm and 1pm – 4pm and Thursday 9am – 1pm.

You can book the appointment with your Vet and tell them that you will be getting a 75% of cost NEUTERING VOUCHER from the RSPCA Furness & Barrow Branch, all the Vets within our area have been notified about this scheme.

If you have previously received a voucher from us then unfortunately you will not be eligible for another.

For more about the benefits of neutering, click here.

Adopt a Pet

We currently have no cats or kittens available for adoption.

We currently have no cats or kittens available for adoption.

View Details